Ethical trading policy
At hameln pharmaceuticals ltd we believe strongly in ethical principles and good stewardship. We are therefore proud to guarantee that we trade according to the following Ethical Trading Criteria:
- All employment is freely chosen.
- Working conditions are safe and hygienic.
- Child labour is not used.
- Wages are fair and comparable to industry standards.
- Deductions from wages as a disciplinary measure shall not be permitted.
- Working hours are not excessive.
- No discrimination is practised.
- Regular employment is provided for those who are employed on a permanent contract.
- No harsh, cruel or degrading treatment or practices are allowed.
- No bribery, corruption, blackmailing or bullying is permitted.
Our ethical trade policy statement
1. Policy Statement
hameln pharmaceuticals ltd recognises that our commercial activities have the potential to impact on our suppliers and our locality.
As a socially responsible small business our suppliers and customers have a right to expect:
- Products sourced by hameln pharmaceuticals ltd are produced under working conditions that are hygienic and safe.
- All workers involved in the delivery of services provided by hameln pharmaceuticals ltd are treated with full consideration to their basic human rights.
- hameln pharmaceuticals ltd acts in an ethical manner above and beyond basic legal requirements.
2. Commitment to employees, suppliers and customers
hameln pharmaceuticals ltd recognises that our ethical and social performance and reputation is a key part of our overall commercial success:
- Employees hameln pharmaceuticals ltd is committed to ensuring that our employment practices ensure the protection of the rights of all those who work for us.
- Customers hameln pharmaceuticals ltd is committed to demonstrating its ethical and social responsibility credentials to enable customers to make informed choices.
- Suppliers hameln pharmaceuticals ltd is committed to encouraging our suppliers to operate to the same ethical standards we employ ourselves.
3. hameln pharmaceuticals ltd Ethical Trading Code of Practice
3.1 This Code of Practice applies to:
- Staff directly employed by hameln pharmaceuticals ltd on temporary or permanent contracts.
- Staff employed or provided by contractors to work on hameln pharmaceuticals ltd premises or to undertake work for or on behalf of hameln pharmaceuticals ltd .
3.2 No forced, bonded or involuntary labour shall be used:
- All employment with hameln pharmaceuticals ltd is freely chosen.
- Staff are not required to lodge deposits or identity papers with us.
- Staff are free to leave hameln pharmaceuticals ltd in line with their contract of employment.
3.3 No child labour shall be used:
- There shall be no recruitment of child labour.
- Persons under 16 are not employed at any time.
- Persons under 18 are not employed full-time.
4. Working conditions are safe and hygienic:
- hameln pharmaceuticals ltd takes adequate measures to prevent accidents and minimise potential hazards.
- Staff have unrestricted access to toilet facilities and safe drinking water.
- hameln pharmaceuticals ltd has a published Health & Safety Policy.
5. Working hours and remuneration are reasonable and comparable to other companies in our sector and regular employment is provided:
- Staff are not forced to work in excess of 48 hours per week, a voluntary opt out agreement is available for those wishing to work in excess of 48 hours per week.
- Staff are provided 2 days off per week.
- Staff are given written terms and conditions of employment that details the employment relationship between, and the respective obligations of, the employee and employer, rates of pay, working hours, grievance and disciplinary procedures, holiday entitlement, absence and sick pay rules and notice periods for termination of employment.
- No deductions are made from wages as a disciplinary measure, and pay slips detailing lawful deductions are provided for each pay period.
- Labour only contracting, sub-contracting and fixed term contracts are not used as a means to avoid obligations under labour or social security laws.
6. There is no discrimination in pay, hiring, compensation, access to training, promotion, and termination of employment or retirement on the grounds of race, nationality, religion, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, union membership or political affiliation.
7. No harassment, threats, abuse or intimidation shall be practised. Physical, verbal and sexual threats, abuse, harassment or intimidation is expressly prohibited and grounds for summary dismissal, if proved.
8. hameln pharmaceuticals ltd directors have overall responsibility for all aspects of ethical trading at work within the business.
The equality register
The Equality Register holds information related to an organisation’s Equality Status.
We are pleased to confirm that hameln pharmaceuticals ltd is registered on The Equality Register.